Heated Sprue Bushings
- H13, Full Hard Tool Steel
- Integral 240V Heater and Type J Thermocouple
- .500” and .750” Radius Standard Head Options
- Standard Sprue or .500” Extra Machinable Stock
- .750”, 1.000”, and 1.500” Diameter
- Insulating Washer Options Available
Heated Sprue Bushing Head Options
Why Choose an Integrally Heated Sprue Bushing?
Integrally heated sprue bushings have a superior heat transfer and can process a wide range of resins. The streamlined flow channel terminates in a reverse taper gate, providing minimum pressure loss and allowing for rapid gate freeze. The formation of a small gate stub on the part or runner results in a machine hold-time reduction, with no increase in sink marks on the part. There is a replaceable type-J thermocouple located close to the flow channel. They are available in either a standard .500” or .750” radius head or custom as requested. Gate options include a standard sprue for non-machined applications, extra stock for machining applications or a euro style extra stock with a reduced gate diameter for use in restricted areas and less heat loss.
Get a Quote or Request Catalog