How to Choose a Screw Tip Assembly
There are numerous options for screw tip assemblies, also known as valve assemblies or check-ring valve assemblies. We offer a 4-piece valve assembly for the following reasons:
- It can be customized for corrosion and/or wear resistance.
- The rear seat dimension can be customized for faster shut-off.
- The retainer tool steel is optimized for strength.
- The front seat is optimized for high wear and high hardness.
- The check ring is optimized for high wear and high hardness.
- The rear seat is optimized for high hardness.
These advantages far outweigh and cost difference to a generic 3-piece assembly that is prone to cracked retainers and requires complete retainer replacement when the the check ring contact area is worn. With our 4-piece assembly, we simply replace the front seat and ring as needed. For long-run abrasive applications, we offer a carbide faced ring and front seat.
Manufactured by Zeiger Industries.
Read about our viewpoint on injection molding processing and why we believe our screw tip assemblies are the best choice.