Auxiliary INPUT and OUTPUT signals are a terrific way to integrate hot runner temperature controls with injection molding machines, robots, conveyors, or other peripheral equipment. The Fast Heat Pulse Controller has four INPUT and OUTPUT channels. The channels are configurable per order, but the INPUT is typically a N/O (normally open) dry contact, or a 10-32 DC voltage signal and the OUTPUT standard is a N/O (normally open) dry contact. Each OUTPUT channel can have one or more ALARM STATUS, or an AT TEMPERATURE notification assigned to activate it. Each INPUT channel is typically assigned to either RUN, STOP, BOOST or IDLE.
Example use cases include but are not limited to:
- % POWER ALARM – used to turn off a potentially leaking zone, the controller or stop the injection molding machine.
- OVER/UNDER TEMPERATURE ALARM – used to change a conveyor direction toward an inspection bin.
- ALL OTHER ALARMS – TC OPEN, TC REVERSED, TC SHORTED, HEATER OPEN, TRIAC SHORT, OVER/UNDER AMPS
- BOOST – trigger from an injection pressure setting or automatically boost zone temperatures after the injection molding machine has been sitting idle or with preheat stations before shuttling.
- IDLE – automatically lower zone temperatures from the injection molding machine during production interruptions.
- AT TEMPERATURE – give the injection molding machine the all-clear to inject.
Related Featured Projects: